Sunday, March 24, 2013

One New Everyday Girl - Ranada

My journeys and shoots are far more than amazing girls with amazing feet. They are about meeting new people, connecting with them, having fun, and creating something exciting. I never know who I really connected with unless they call or text me. And that brings us to our newest everyday girl, Ranada.

I was on my way to buy a pizza from a small restaurant the received pretty good reviews. That was when I saw Ranada get on the bus. My thought was to get my pizza, and hope I run into her some other time. Yeah, right! That rarely happens in some places, especially large cities, so I knew I had to talk with her about the shoot that same day. Her walk to her connection point would be the only chance for me to do that.

Ranada reminded me of Shay because of her unique look. She had a wire pin nose ring, long blonde hair with a rope style headdress, which gave her the dual look of a flower girl and a Native American girl, 80's style faded jean outfit, and boots which also looked Native American. Add to that, chipped black nail polish on her fingers, and viola, you have Ranada!

We had a fun shoot, even though Ranada was nervous at first [and got a new manicure and pedicure, against my request to keep the black polish]. Her mom came with her to make sure she'd be ok. Its ironic how the person who comes with is usually the more relaxed one. However, the tables turn when the come with person is next up to shoot. I asked Ranada's mom what she thought when she heard it was a foot shoot. She told me, I didn't want to know what came to her mind. BTW, Ranada copied her mom's nail polish color. Obviously, she had a really cool mom to do that. Heck, I didn't know she was her mom until near the end of the shoot. That's just how young and hip she looked! Lucky Ranada!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home