Tuesday, March 12, 2013

One New Everyday Girl - Amira

Any old school Sesame Street fans out there? There was a song called "Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood". You can go on YouTube and find it. The same remains the same, but the people are different. And that brings us to our newest everyday girl, Amira.

It was time for me to pay my cell phone "rent", as Tasha calls it. As I walked out, I saw a well-dressed, made up young woman in glasses wearing sandals who needed to do the same thing. I told her I'd catch her on her way out. When she returned, less than a few minutes later, she couldn't believe I was still there. She said she thought I had a scam to push. Going back to the Sesame Street song, a scam artist is a person in your neighborhood. A person that you meet when you're walking down the street. We had a short, but good conversation about what I do, and I gave her my card before we parted ways.

The day had just begun, so I headed over to the neighborhood DMV. I didn't need to go for myself, but wanted to see if I could meet anyone else who might want to do a shoot. As I neared the entrance, I saw a nonmodel model heading toward it. Amira had very long hair, expressive eyes, and was dressed like a model who wanted to handle her business first thing in the morning. What also caught my attention were her tan flats. I know how the lines in the DMV get longer by the minute, so I kept the conversation short.

I met one more young woman before I headed home. The third one was in glasses and wore very worn black flats. She didn't seem to be down for the shoot, but said she would take my card anyway. That happens sometimes. I had people call me weeks and weeks later after our first contact. Better late than never, I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home