Thursday, February 07, 2013

One New Everyday Girl - Naiah

Its 2013, and we have our newest everyday girl, Naiah, to help start it off. There were two crazy things about Naiah's shoot. The first was, I didn't recognize her when she sent me pictures of herself, or when she came over in person....The second crazy thing, you will read about later.

Naiah came to me by way of Nina. Remember, Nina was the friend who came along with Sophia to make sure she was OK at her shoot. Naiah looked totally different then, but so did Nina the second time I saw her. Being polite, my focus is always on the person in front of my camera, not the person or people who come along. So when Nina came over, it was all about her. I guess being able to totally change looks is a skill both of them learned as friends.

One thing Naiah said during her first visit was she didn't like her feet. She said she had "hobbit feet". During a pause, I looked for myself. But I didn't dwell on them because Nina was just about ready for the next part of her shoot. OK, now here is that second crazy thing about Naiah's shoot--she locked herself out of her car!

She was in such a rush to get to the shoot, which she didn't have to be because she lived very close by, that she locked her keys in her car. I shot a model whose family owns a locksmith company, so I called her. Unfortunately, she didn't pick up, and when I looked up her family's company, they didn't provide after hours emergency service. We ended up calling another family-owned company. The husband, wife, and young son arrived shortly in their brand new SUV. Uh,oh! They mentioned a 15 percent discount in their ad, but it didn't help much with the after hours emergency call. Poor Naiah  handed over all the money from her shoot.....

Now, I was in no way obligated to help out with the locksmith charge, but I felt compelled to help. I'm a sucker for girls in jams. So in addition to the money she got back from the 15 percent discount, I gave her a sizable amount to add to it. I've paid parking tickets, motel costs, cab charges, paid for food, and even put girls up in my place for weeks. The locksmith thing was simply a new one to add to the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home