Friday, May 25, 2012

One New Everyday Girl - Sariah

Patience can pay off in the long run. This is especially the case in this high tech society we live in, where people walk around with their cell phones in their hands, looking like chickens pecking at feed on a farm! If you want to approach someone who interests you, it may take a long time if you patiently wait for the person to finish their conversation. But sometimes, ok, many times, you may have to interrupt that person's conversation so that you may insert your own. That was the case when I met Sariah, our newest everyday girl.

I was people watching when Sariah came outside. She was on her cell phone, sat down, and got comfortable. That was a tell tale sign she was about to have one long conversation. Every now and then, she would get up, walk around, then sit again. I had to keep her in view just in case she finished her talk early. This was tricky because I didn't want to come off as creepy to her. I had to wait around for Chyna Black to finish her dramatic cell phone call, and I'm almost sure she took some notice of it. Fortunately, I was able to make her call part of my introduction, so if she was uneasy at first, it went away as we conversed. If this happened with Sariah, I would have to do the same thing.

It was cloudy that day, and it began to drizzle lightly. Sariah got up, and began walking in a direction I knew all to well, the direction to leave! I needed to catch up with her before she disappeared, never to be seen again. Patience had to take a back seat, as I caught up with her, politely interrupted her call, and introduced myself. Much to my surprise, Sariah didn't go off or get an attitude with me for it. Come to find out, she talked with the person on the phone often, so I was someone new and different for her. So as long as my conversation was as interesting as the one I interrupted, or more so, she would listen. She didn't have long though, literally a few seconds after she took the phone away from her ear, her ride arrived.

Sariah was the super busy type. So once again, I had to be patient. Then one day, she text me, ready to shoot. We shot that day, and I made sure she was glad she found time in her schedule to come over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home