Monday, April 16, 2007

Scam Artist Model

I recently ran into another scam artist model. I had no idea she would be a scammer, as she responded to a flyer I placed in the area, plus she had a white collar job. She was very personable on the telephone, always kept me updated on things about her, and even admitted she was nervous about her body, but not her feet. I admit...I never saw it coming.

My first tip off should have been when she said she was bringing two people with her. The last time a model brought two people with them, the shoot did not go as hoped. Aryana brought her friend and her friend's boyfriend who was also Aryana's brother. The brother-boyfriend was a distraction, and ultimately led to Aryana's friend backing out of the shoot, citing not having a pedicure as an excuse. Had he not been there, I would have gotten the footage I needed--not the footage I got.

Now back to the scam model. She arrived as agreed, and had her friend and her friend's boyfriend who was also the model's brother. The guy showed up smoking a cigarette, and was as slightly more thuggish looking than the friend. Her friend had big feet with high arches, but they were very unkempt. Heck, they probably would have cut my lips if I tried to worship them. I put her friend to work as my camera person, as my friend-cameraman was missing in action. It didn't take long for me to realize this situation was not going to bode well for me.

My second tip off should have been when she asked if she would be compensated if the shoot went over time. I assured her it wouldn't, but if it did, then I would. In an effort to drag out the time, the girl talked her head off during the interview part of the shoot, and kept messing up, almost on purpose. The guy's presence caused me to have to reshoot still photos that I would have nailed the first time.

My third tip off should have been when she purposely wore a skirt instead of pants. I don't like skirts because they make girls pose uncomfortably in efforts to hide their panties. And I have to shoot stills and video in ways that will avoid crotch shots.

The shoot ended when the girl told me to suck her toes, then freaked out when I did a great job of it. She expected some lame toe sucking. Little did she know she was dealing with a Jedi Master of foot worship. She ended the shoot, and then claimed we were over time. We still had about 10 minutes left, but she didn't see it that way. She believed the shoot started the moment she walked in the door. I believed it started the moment I took the first photo.

I paid her, and bid her and her entourage goodbye. I am not giving her copies of the photos or video, as she acted totally unprofessional and scammed me out of my time and money.

This is a warning to all present and future foot site owners. If a girl brings more than one person to her shoot, at least one of those persons will probably be a guy. Its easy to deal with a guy when he is alone. You can put him to work as your camera person. But if he is allowed to be idle, then forget about getting the type of shoot you hope to do and need. Be wary of girls who talk money right before you shoot, especially if you already agreed to a rate beforehand.

There are scam artist models out there waiting to prey on innocent producers. So be sure you have ways to protect yourself from them. Your best defense is to say "No" before the girl arrives, and "No" the moment she does something that sets off red flags prior to your shoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home