Monday, January 29, 2007

Male Feet on Television

Is it me, or am I seeing more male feet on television than female feet?

No, I don't think its me. Heck, I even see men in "The Pose"!!! During previews of future shows, I see male feet as a guy lounges poolside at a hotel! I see male feet when a guy props his feet up on a table or reclines on a sofa chair! I see male feet when its time for a couple to go to bed or get out of bed! Meanwhile, the women on those same shows either wear socks, come home from work and keep their high heels on, or just don't show their feet at all.

The crazy thing is the people who write this into the shows or direct these shows are also guys. Apparently, these guys are not into feet, otherwise seeing another guy's feet, especially his soles would almost certainly give them temporary eye damage.

Maybe one day this will change, and female feet on television will become more acceptable. Until then, we will have to endure this form of optical torture a while longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home