Monday, February 12, 2007

Internet Connection Throttling

There is a disturbance in the Force. Its name is AOL.

I think that AOL is throttling my service the way NetFlix throttles its heavy users.
My unlimited plan always disconnects at 12 am, and will not allow me to maintain
a decent connection until after 1 am. Then at about 4 am, I get disconnected again,
only to be allowed to resume after 6 or 7 am. There are also days my connection is just
plain crappy, especially on cloudy and rainy days. On those days, if my connection was a man,
a girl would call him a "two minute lover" or a "commercial f---".

One might think getting a cable connection would prevent this, but it doesn't.
I have a fellow webmaster that has Comcast, and he too has days he cannot get
a decent connection. The only remedy I can think of is to become a DUD (dial up dude) again.
Unfortunately, that is not an option, especially when it takes hours to upload files
that would only take minutes with DSL, and seconds with cable.

I had to create this blog with Notepad, so that I could just copy and paste it.
The most precious commodity we have is time.
So when a person only has minutes to spare...every second counts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home