Thursday, December 05, 2013

One New Everyday Girl - Liyah

It truly isn't easy finding everyday girls to do this. Even if you dedicate hours per day for weeks, there will be no calls and flakes. So I decided to do something I said I never though I'd do--join an online dating site. In fact, I joined four of them to better increase my odds. Let me tell you, I almost totally ignored the posts about making good online dating profiles for guys, and it came back to bite me. It was definitely a huge surprise when our newest everyday girl Liyah contacted me.

Let me hip you to what makes for successful profiles for guys when it comes to online dating: good looks, cool pictures, and lying or being vague about yourself. OK, I'm decent-looking, but since I don't club, party, have lots of friends or faux friends, do outlandish stuff, play sports, travel, or have a cool hobby, I'm relegated to Loserville, USA...population, other guys like me. If you fit the above criteria as a guy, believe it, or not, girls, and pretty hot ones at that, will contact you versus you contacting them. And if you do contact them, be witty, playful, and brief. I can guess how Liyah found me, but for her to contact me is totally another thing.

We messaged back and forth, but not forever, as we weren't trying to set up a date. Then, she disappeared. I heard about that happening, so I sent her a funny message. Later, she replied, and not long after that, one day, she surprised me with a call. Yes, that's right--a call! She didn't text me first as so many girls are apt to do. Liyah was down to shoot ASAP, which was cool with me. Guess what happened? The day she was texting me to get a confirmation time, I was napping, music was playing, my air condition was blowing, and my cell phone was on low volume. By the time I woke up, saw her text, and responded, it was too late. She text a second time to say she hadn't heard from me, so she guessed the shoot was cancelled. I scrambled to text her, but it was too late, she made other plans.

All was not lost though, she offered to shoot two days later. I let her know I'd have my phone turned up all the way that day. The day came, and she arrived right on time. That was the sign of a good shoot. Liyah was nothing like I imagined, except for her glasses, she was even more of a stunner in person than in her online pictures! We got along, had a fun and very good shoot, and she wants to come back again! If only there were more girls like Liyah online out there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home