Thursday, September 05, 2013

One New Everyday Girl - Ciara

Most of you know, I do this thing solo. I've contracted out to have others shoot stills for me for the site, and I've also had others refer models to me for the site. Some individual results were A+, while others were D. If I graded those results as a whole, it would be a B+. Recently, a friend helped with two referrals. One was a C-, but went down to a D because she changed up her look, plus kept bringing along some dude who she called her cousin. Neither my friend or myself knew any girls or guys whose cousins were with them everywhere they went. He redeemed himself though when he helped refer our newest everyday girl, Ciara.

Ciara was a straight A. I'd seen her before, but didn't know who she was, or what she did. She knew a girl I wanted to shoot, but backed off because I found out she was married to someone whose bad side I didn't want to be on. Furthermore, both of them worked at the same place, so I didn't want any drama between them, or stemming from their coworkers. My friend, who also shares my affinity, got to know Ciara, and talked her into taking off one of her shoes for him. He gave her the green light after he found out she had beautiful feet and modeled. He set the play in motion, then passed to me.

I called Ciara, we had an interesting conversation about her, and set a shoot day. OK, now here are the reasons Ciara didn't get an A+. Although she arrived late, I didn't hold it against her because she told me about it ahead of time. She didn't get an A+ because she came with a very close relative of hers [her grandmother] who caused her to be more reserved. Add to that, her grandmother had to leave soon, which meant Ciara had to leave soon. Arriving late and leaving early is not a good combination. She also didn't tell her how long the shoot was supposed to be. And since Ciara and I hadn't been introduced to each other earlier, and our first meeting was a rush job, she felt shy around me, which also caused her to be reserved.

Outside of that, we had a very good shoot. Ciara enjoyed herself, and definitely wants to come back again. By the way, her grandmother found it all amusing, and understood it because she saw the movie "Boomerang", starring Eddie Murphy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home