Wednesday, March 25, 2015

One New Everyday Girl - Renee

Back some time in February, I saw an ad for a girl who had long, curly blonde hair. There were a couple of other pictures too. But the ones that got my attention were the one with her barefoot, and the other with her wearing Nike running sneakers and low cut black socks. I text her to see if she was down for the shoot, then called her. She and I talked, and had a good conversation. She even sent me pictures of what her family called her "canoe feet". They were cute, and her toes were unpolished. So yes, we definitely had to get together for a shoot. Unfortunately, she had left her stinky shoes at home, and wouldn't be back for a while. That was the first bad sign, then we lost touch. I'd call and text, but nothing. Finally, in March, I reached her, and she let me know lots of stuff happened in her life, but now she could shoot. That was how I finally got to meet our newest everyday girl Renee.

First, she said she would have to take the bus. Then she said a girl friend would bring her. And then she said she was bringing her daughter. I learned from previous experiences not to allow kids to be present, even the super tame shoots from a while ago. Infants cry, toddlers make noise and get chatty, and preschoolers want to their pictures taken too, plus become hyper during the shoot. I told her she could let her friend take her daughter to a McDonalds with a play area or to nearby park. That did the trick, apparently, the friend who was also the child's godmother, wanted no part of that, so she made other arrangement for her daughter.

Renee showed up wearing shorts, and had a pair of Jordans her brother gave her. A double no no. I requested pants or jeans and her own shoes. She comes with shorts and a pair of sneakers her brother used to own. Girls really push us some times. I didn't want to put her in scrubs [those are honorary items], so I decided to make up for it by tickling her feet as much as I could, plus sucking her toes because she said "Hell no" when I asked her if anyone ever sucked them. Her friend was more of an issue than she was. Her friend wanted me to pay the shoot money up front, chatted on her cell during the shoot, and wanted to smoke weed. The three of us went back and forth about the first one until it was resolved. I'm not paying anyone up front anymore [had an incident with a girl I trusted and had some history]. She went in and out for her calls with no regard for the shoot or for me. I made the place smell great, so I wasn't going to let her undo that by smoking anything, especially a drug. I told those girls no drama, but they still brought it. Then at the end of the shoot, she wanted to know what was her percentage. WTF???!!! I told her that was between her and Renee. As I said, girls really push us some times.

We had a fun shoot, in spite of Renee's friend. Honestly, I'd shoot with her again, but her friend would have to be absent next time. Knowing that probably won't happen, unfortunately means the chances of another shoot with her will be slim to none.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Someone always has to ruin it. That was hilarious about suggesting that her friend make arrangements for her daughter. a G move for sure.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home