Monday, July 31, 2006

Ex-Pal Cont'd

The day after my Ex-Pal article, the offended party exonerated me. It took nearly a week of bobbing and weaving to convince the company of my innocence. Before I tell you how I did it, I first want to remind you that adult content is subjective to the whims and perspectives. The tomato you call a vegetable is a fruit to many others.

Let me take you back to last week. A few days prior to that week, a custom video fan used two fields that should be used with caution and discretion when dealing with adult transactions and Ex-Pal. Unfortunately, my fan didn't know the rules. As a result, Ex-Pay reviewed and limited my account more and more each day while it pumped me for business information. It was not satisfied with my "explanation", or that I used the check box, and listed eBay as my web site. It wanted to see the listing. I had to place an ad listing so it could see I was selling clothing instead of adult content. After which, I had to remove the listing. Ex-Pal reviewed the case [literally] it had against me, and eventually restored my account to full access.

Afterward, I decided to give Ex-Pal a break from processing my usually non adult transactions, and switched back to Stormpay. There was a time Stormpay was accepting adult transactions, and then it too went the way of Ex-Pal. It didn't take it long to go back to processing adult transactions again, but with restrictions. The adult industry is huge, and the annual revenue it generates is staggering. Some companies can do without the extra cash, while others can't. Ex-Pal is large enough to survive without accepting adult transactions. But it still does, of course; it just doesn't know it.

My first run in with Ex-Pal occurred a few years ago. Ex-Pal froze my funds for 180 days, and permanently banned my account email address and bank account from it's system. This time, it was close to doing the same. Fortunately, each time, the amounts in question were less than $200. Ex-Pal imposes monthly withdrawal limits unless you provide your social security number. Its best to withdraw your money as soon as it arrives in the event Ex-Pal ever questions it. Others have not been so lucky. There are people with thousands of dollars they cannot access because of an Ex-Pal review and freeze. Dealing with adult-friendly companies is your first and best defense against these types of actions.

Foot site owners, mainstream site owners, and people not in the business per se, choose your payment companies wisely. Make sure they accept you for who you are and what you do. If not, then make sure your customers, clients, and fans know the rules when they use those companies to make purchases from you or receive payments from you. A few keystrokes can cause a world of financial pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home